Dylan tragically lost his life in September 2010 leaving behind his baby girl Brooklyn and wife Rochelle. The Stallions pro men's baseball team hosts an annual charity tournament in his honour, and this year's event is approaching quickly. The tournament begins at 9am on May 18th at Cairns Field and will run throughout the day until the casino night closes at 1am. The day includes:
- Senior men’s baseball games running from @ 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Opening Ceremony @ 12 p.m. featuring Dance Ink performing dances, Mayor Don Atchison throwing the first pitch, Brooklyn (Dylan’s daughter) is singing a song, and Yoana singing the national anthem.
- Door prizes drawn throughout the day
- Saskatoon’s own Rough Rider Scott McHenry signing autographs
- A dunk tank for all ages from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Appollo jump all day
- Face painting from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Duck pond “win a prize every time”
- Can’t forget the food! Homemade perogies, taco in a bag, burgers & hot dogs, popcorn, and snow cones (in case you didn’t get enough snow this year!)
- Beer gardens all day
- A Date with a Stallion
- World famous Casino night starting @ 7:30 p.m. going to 1 a.m. with outrageous prizes to be won
- And it wouldn’t be a hit without a free Safe Ride Home, offered by the RCMP Veterans
We hope you can make it out to this great day with fun for everyone. More information about the tournament and the new scholarship program can be found at www.DylanNahorniakMemorialTournament.com.